PENTA FURNITURE EMPORIUM’S LIMITED WARRANTY FOR PENTA WOOD FURNITURE, PENTA FABRIC & LEATHER UPHOLSTERY, PENTA CHAIRS, & PENTA PARTITIONS SYSTEM
Penta Furniture Emporium shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages. If any model or sample is shown to a buyer, such model is used merely to illustrate the general type and quality of goods. Exposure to extreme weather or atmospheric conditions is not covered by Penta Furniture warranty.
Warranty is subject to normal use and under normal conditions
Thank you for your purchase of Penta Furniture products. We are glad that you chose our products for your office needs. Therefore we have put together our limited warranty guidelines + product care guide. This is an exclusive warranty available only to you, the original purchaser and become effective from the purchase date. In the unlikely event that any Penta furniture product or component covered by the limited warranty certificate fail under normal workplace use as result of defective material or workmanship. Penta Furniture will repair or replace – at our discretion –any piece of furniture that is defective in material or workmanship under the terms and conditions outline here. If Penta Furniture determines that a repair is impractical, you will be furnished a substitute of the same or similar color, design, style and quality.
A warranty claim exists when a defect can be proven to have resulted from a failure in material, design or workmanship. During the applicable legal warranty period Penta Furniture will supply all replacement parts free of charge, incl. packaging, transportation and installation. After that period Penta Furniture warrants, at its own discretion, either to repair the product, or to replace it with a comparable one, free of charge. This guarantee does not apply to failure resulting from normal wear and tear. Any warranty service provided by Penta Furniture will not result in a suspension or interruption of the existing warranty period; nor will it represent the start of a new warranty period. The warranty is not transferable and valid only for the first buyer.
The warranty period starts from the initial date of purchase. The first buyer has acquired Penta furniture and/ or partitioning products, either directly from Penta, or from an authorized representative of Penta.
In order to benefit from this warranty, a written notification about the damage must be submitted to Penta Furniture immediately after it occurs, along with a copy of the invoice, picture, and a detailed description of the damage. A damage notification will be considered when submitted to Penta within the warranty period.
The Penta Furniture warranty does not apply to product failure resulting from:
- Damages caused by customers‘ gross negligence or willful intent
- Improper handling, improper use or disregard of the Penta Furniture operating instructions or product care guidelines
- Damages caused by third parties
- Damages caused by unusual environmental influences
- Damages caused by force majeure
- Damages caused by improper maintenance or repair
- Damages caused by alterations to the product requested by the customer
- Damages caused by improper transportation or installation after first installation
- Damages caused by normal wear and tear (e.g. changes in surface finishes due to aging or exposure to UV light)
Penta Furniture reserves the right to request the return of damaged warranty products before replacing them. The liability of Penta Furniture is strictly limited to the aforementioned obligations and it is expressly provided that Penta Furniture is not liable for any consequential or incidental damages, operating or commercial losses or costs for legal proceedings.
If Penta Furniture rejects a warranty claim, the customer’s claims for this warranty will become timebarred within six months of the receipt of Penta’s declaration of refusal. This warranty is the only legal instrument that Penta Furniture recognizes for defective products, parts or components, to the exclusion of any warranty granted additionally by an authorized Penta dealer. The warranty is also excluded in cases where a customer submits a claim to a Penta Furniture subsidiary or an authorized Penta Furniture dealer based on a legal or contractual warranty.
The terms of this warranty are valid until recalled
Effective January 2015
Product Category & Liabilities
|Wood Furniture||Because wood furniture is a product of nature, characteristics such as knots, grain variation, and mineral streaking are not defects and are thus not warranted||1 year|
|Partition System, Metal detailing, mechanisms, swivels, rollers, nylon star bases, nylon castors, aluminum detailing, PVC handles, gas lifts, metal legs and minor metal components and handles||Abrasive scratches disturbing the finish and resulting in rust, metal hardware breakage, tarnishing as well as natural expansion /contraction is not covered||3 years|
|Glass||Natural glass manufacturing characteristics such as small air bubbles, surface waviness, light pitting are to be expected and are not defects. Glass table tops should not be used for a seating option hence not covered||1 year|
|Fabric, Mesh, PU, & Leather Upholstery||Does not include comfort wrinkles, pilling, wear & tear, fading, or stains from spills such as (but not limited to) adds, solvents, dyes, ink, paint or other corrosive chemicals or body fluids. We caution consumers against cleaning, negligence, abuse, application of chemical products and exposure of coverings to sunlight, bright light, or extreme heat are not protected by this warranty||1 year|
Product Care Guide
- Dusting is a key factor in maintaining your wood furniture. A clean, soft cloth is all that is needed most of the time. Apply a small amount of furniture polish on the cloth being used, rather than directly on the wood. Be careful to always follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the products you purchase.
- Use coasters, cosmetic trays or saucers beneath drinks, potted plants, or anything that contains liquids. Left standing, liquids can cause white circles in your finish and if left for long periods can cause the finish to lift from the wood.
- Direct sunlight can damage your furniture. Steady, prolonged exposure can cause fading or create hairline cracks. Therefore, keep your furniture away from open windows or heating and air conditioning sources. Close proximity to these sources can also adversely affect the moisture content of your wood.
- Do not allow synthetics, rubber, or plastics to rest on your wood finish for prolonged periods of time as they might contain chemicals that can damage the finish. Oils may also cause your finish to deteriorate.
- While fabric tablecloths and cork-backed place mats tend to be finish friendly, remember your table likes to breathe and guests can sometimes spill beverages which may seep through a mat without your knowing. Therefore, enjoy the natural beauty of your wood furniture.
- If doors or drawers do not appear to fit properly, first check to see whether your furniture is sitting level on the floor. If not, you may want to adjust any leveling glides as described in the information received with your furniture. Furniture can settle into carpeting or rugs. If drawers and doors begin to bind, the leveling glides may need to be adjusted.
- If you need to remove one of your drawers please follow this procedure: For a drawer with nylon wheel guides, look for levers on either side to release the drawer. To remove a drawer with wood guides, bring the drawer forward as far as it will go, then with one hand on each side of the drawer, give it a firm pull. This will release the drawer stop. The drawer stop will automatically engage when the drawer is reinserted.
- Proper placement of your upholstery in your environment can contribute to its life. You will want to avoid placing your upholstered furniture in direct sunlight, which can weaken the fibers, cause fading, and make it more vulnerable to tears. Also, heat vents can be a contributing factor to fabric and foam premature deterioration.
- Remember to vacuum your furniture often. For a thorough cleaning, make sure to remove all cushions and draw the vacuum’s crevice attachment along the edges, seams and any recesses. This will help prevent dust, as well as other debris, from becoming embedded into the fabric.
- As your colleagues settles comfortably into a sofa, or chair, “comfort wrinkles” will begin to develop. To keep wrinkles to a minimum, fluff and turn detached cushions and pillows regularly. While it is possible to minimize these wrinkles, please bear in mind, they are a normal part of the maturing of an upholstered piece of furniture.
- Mesh office chairs need the occasional cleaning to keep them in the best shape possible. Vacuum all crumbs off your mesh office chair and follow with warm soap and water. This should remove stains, but if stains persist, gently dab them with a spot cleaner. Do not rub or scrub, as this could cause the mesh to fray.
- If your chair doesn’t roll comfortably and easily, it can become uncomfortable to sit in and cause undue stress on the rest of the chair. Wash the wheels of your mesh office chair with warm water and soap. You can use a cotton swab to clean inside cracks and other tight areas of your mesh office chair wheels.
- Leather should be dusted regularly. Use a soft, white cloth to clean your furniture. The soft brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner may also be used.
- If you have a spill, blot the spill dry immediately with a soft, clean cloth.
- Avoid placing your leather furniture in front of windows, under skylights or in places that expose them to direct sunlight.
- Maintain a safe distance between furniture and heat sources. Prolonged exposure to heat sources can cause leather to dry out.
- Avoid using ink pens, nail polish, nail polish remover, or other harmful household products near your leather furniture in order to avoid possible spills, which may cause permanent damage.
- Avoid placing newspapers or magazines on the surface of your leather furniture as the inks may transfer onto the leather causing permanent damage.
- The underneath surface of the glass needs no maintenance and should not scratch or peel in all normal weather circumstances.
- Both polished and especially satin finish glass should be cleaned using an ordinary household cleaner, preferably containing citric acid and/or vinegar. Do not use cream cleaners.
- If liquids are spilt or water sits on the product in puddles then it is important to clean the table as soon as it is practical otherwise sediment will dry into the microscopic depressions.
- No hard objects should be left sitting on the surface of the table for any length of time in any weather conditions. This is because of potential different PH values between the hard object and the glass and the hard object may leave a permanent mark on the surface as it will have eroded the micro surface of the glass.
- Likewise any hard object with rough bottoms should not be dragged or rotated on the surface as this also will scratch the glass surface. All hard objects should ideally have coasters or mats underneath during daily use.
- Metal or Aluminum finish wash with a soft cloth or sponge, using a few drops of dishwashing liquid and warm water.
- Metal, Aluminum and PVC do not use vinegar, lemon, or abrasive cleaners.
- Check, clean and tighten all hardware, such as screws and bolts, every few months. Loose hardware can cause undue stress on your office chair, causing the mesh/fabric/PU/leather to stretch more in one area than another. If dust and grime collects around screws and bolts, it can cause the joints to become hard and brittle, increasing the chances of breakage.
Want to buy or to learn more about us? We would love to hear from you…